Monday, June 1, 2009

Intro

Hello and welcome to the Russian Opportunities blog. For those interested in the purpose behind it, it's simple.  For years, I would receive job ads and fellowship notices; and I would either forward them to a few friends, or toss them.  So after some thought, I decided to create a space where I could post them all for those interested in Russia and its near abroad.

I figured that there are likely many people out there who wanted a place where they could find and browse the many types of opportunities out there for those who have studied Russian, and would like to put it to good use.  If you know of someone who could use this blog, pass it along.

I will be posting ads for jobs, internship and volunteer opportunities, fellowship opportunities, and other tidbits for people who are seeking to work in the area.  There will be a mix of jobs based in the USA and abroad.  And some may require additional functional expertise: such as health, finance, humanitarian experience, etc.  I will try to update it regularly, typically on Sundays or more if I get posts.  For posts with urgent deadlines, I will get them up as I get them.

If you have an opportunity you would like posted here, send it to me (in close as possible the format I use for all of the other posts) and I will upload it.  Also, feedback on the blog is always appreciated.

You can contact me privately by replying to this post.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posts. I find this blog very useful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to share the opportunity for Russian graduates that are currently in the USA and ready to relocate to Russia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mandarin. Just a quick clarifying question. Do you mean you would like to share, or see opportunities. If the former, feel free to send them to me and I will post them. If the latter, then you might want to search the posts on the site. With the exception of US federal government positions, several of the positions I list here do not have nationality restrictions.

    ReplyDelete